Bang & Olufsen really are leaders in their field, although very pricy (who can forget the scene in The Devil Wears Prada when Andy’s friends gawp at the price of a B&O phone, an off-cast of Miranda Priestly’s) the brand has really earned its stripes over the decades. Whilst competitors rarely often hit the same mark of technological excellence, B&O is unrivalled in its design.
One product that combines form and function is these new headphones; the third generation of the flagship wireless noise cancelling Beoplay H9.
The new Beoplay H9 comes with an over-ear style and is crafted in luxurious and light-weight materials. The headband is built up around a solid and lightweight aluminium frame covered with stitched cowhide leather, and underneath the soft lambskin coated ear cushion is adaptive memory foam that forms to the shape and curve of the ear for supreme comfort and breathability. New features for Beoplay H9 include:
- The Google Assistant – Simply press and hold the dedicated voice button to quickly enjoy entertainment, stay connected, get information and manage your day – all without glancing at your phone .
- Dedicated voice assistant button– You can also use the dedicated voice button to activate the default voice assistant on your device, e.g. Apple’s Siri.
- Increased playtime– due to a bigger built-in battery, you get up to 25 hours of playtime with Bluetooth and ANC turned on – 7 hours extra playtime from the previous model.
- New touch control details– the touch interface on the right earcup has new detailing that makes it even more intuitive to use.
- Enhanced comfort – Beoplay H9 has been updated with improved ear cushions and increased padding on the headband for better comfort.
- Personalised listening– Beoplay H9 allows for the user to fine tune the tonality and sound staging of music for different activities such as working out or commuting.
The Beoplay H9 retails for £450 and are available online at www.bang-olufsen.com/en, in Bang & Olufsen stores and selected retailers.